Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Heathers Birthday


Today is Heathers 35th birthday. Where has the time gone. Heather and I met when she was 27 and I was 25. We lived just 2 houses away from each other but somehow we never saw one another. I know this because I would have remembered.

The first time I saw Heather was at Church. It was fast and testimony meeting and Heather got up and bore her testimony. I don't remember what she said. But I do remember saying to myself " Why couldn't a guy like me, end up with a girl like her". Lo an behold Heather taught our gospel doctrine class.

At the time I was pretty disappointed in the selection of young ladies I had association with. I had gone on a mission and wrestled 2 years in Wyoming. During this time it seemed most women my age had married. I felt that I was left to choose from younger girls that seemed immature to me.

Heather was not immature at all and was so positive and sure of herself. She had lived in Hawaii, served a Mission to England and had been very busy. She knew what she wanted and was well on her way.

I tried to have a friend of mine have her call me. She told him that if I wanted to talk to her then I should call her. I did and our first date was at my families Cabin. We had a great time and Heather kissed me. She will deny this but she was rather aggressive. From that moment on we have been inseparable.

I joke with Heather that when her Dad died I felt bad and asked her to marry me. I knew I wanted to marry her from the get go. Heather has helped me to achieve so much. We are a great team. We fit together and where I'm weak she is strong and vice versa.

We have two beautiful children, and one on the way. I love her so much for going through the pain of having our children.

Heather, thank your for all that you do. You are me best friend. My lover. A wonderful mother. A great companion. And a million other things.

Happy Birthday, you only get more beautiful to me as time goes by. Love, Travis

No comments: